Monday, January 12, 2015

The JOY of laundry

I absolutely detest doing laundry (and dishes, and sweeping, and mopping, and cleaning bathrooms....but that's not the point right now). Laundry may be my least favorite chore. Mainly because it takes forever to fold and put everything away.

I'm very grateful to have a husband who does almost all of the sorting, washing and drying for me. The only part I'm tasked with is folding and putting away. But I hate it. A lot.

I have been trying to work on my attitude toward housework lately. I have never really been one to whine about it out loud, but I definitely don't do it with a good attitude.

This morning I tackled the pile of laundry that my husband left for me on the couch last night.
It started out just like any other pile I've folded. Start with Josh's clothes to get the bigger items out of the way. Then I move on to my clothes. Once those are done I start a pile for Rachel and a pile for Jeremiah. But this morning I had to add a third pile. One pile for Katie.

I rolled my eyes and let out a sigh, realizing that I'll be folding even MORE laundry from now on. I kept working until the job was done then, took a step back and looked at the three piles of clothes neatly folded and sitting on the couch.

Then it hit me: Three piles of clothes. THREE piles. I have THREE kids! Three amazing, bundles of JOY that make every chore, every piece of laundry I fold, completely worth it.
Three tweet, tiny bodies that look up to me. Three gifts from God.

I'm so blessed with these little people. I'm going to make more of an effort to wash their dirty dishes and fold their laundry with an attitude that tells God just how thankful I am for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment